The VES Sport Meet has not been cancelled as the owners of the London Rugby Championship have withdrawn from the event.
The event has been due to take place on March 7, but the organisers have said they will not be able to go ahead due to “an unfortunate change of circumstances”.
The event was due to be held at the National Stadium on Saturday.
It was due for a total of 32 teams and there were planned to be more than 100 players from the world’s top rugby nations.
But on Sunday morning the owners said they could not go ahead with the event because of “an unforeseen change of circumstance”.
The meeting was to take the form of a meet and greet, with the main event to be a four-day tournament, which was to feature three matches a week.
The players had been due in London for the first two weeks of March.
However, they have not yet been confirmed to take part in the event, and the organisers will not go forward with the meeting.
London Rugby Association said in a statement: “The owners of London Rugby, the London Organising Committee, have made a regrettable change of situation.
They have withdrawn their sponsorship for the London meet and graces and have agreed to move forward with a planned meet and greets at the venue.”
It added: “We have no further comment at this time.”
London Rugby League said in its statement: ”It is with deep regret that we can confirm that the London London Rugby Club has decided to withdraw from this year’s event.
This decision has been made in consultation with the London Mayor and London Rugby Association, the owners.
”We wish the players and all London Rugby players the best of luck and look forward to returning to the venue for the March 7th meet and greet.
”We look forward in working with the owners and London’s players to build a strong and successful rugby league event for the future.